Sunday, August 8, 2010

My favorite historical fiction author: Jean Plaidy

I have joined the 2010 Jean Plaidy Challenge hosted by Jean Plaidy's Royal Intrigue. I know it's a bit late in the year to start, but I love Jean Plaidy. She wrote under several pen names including Victoria Holt, a name many more of you may recognize and another favorite of mine.

I decided to begin my journey through Plaidy this year with the Tudor series. It seemed fitting considering The Tudors just wrapped on Showtime. I just finished Uneasy Lies the Head about Henry VII and Elizabeth of York. Next is Katharine of Aragon about the first wife of Henry VIII.

If you like historical ficition, you cannot go wrong with Jean Plaidy. She was very prolific and wrote very interesting novels about all the most important crowned heads of Europe. So, here's to happy reading until school starts again!

No comments:

Post a Comment